Berry Lips from the Drugstore


Oh autumn, how I love you. The colours, the weather, the clothes. Everything. And I also love this lipstick. A lot actually.
 
Whilst on one of my little hunts in Boots, searching for an autumnal lipstick which could carry me through the colder months, I found this little beauty. The Revlon stand clearly understood my plight and the display of autumn themed makeup lead me to the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 477 Black Cherry. Not being one to be afraid of dark colours, I swatched what looked to be a brown-toned dark lipstick. However, it turned out to be the most gorgeous, purple-toned berry colour that I ever did see.

 
 

Nail polish - Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 331 'Enchante'

 

On closer inspection, I found really gorgeous, expensive looking rose gold packaging and a long-lasting, creamy formula which is really hydrating on the lips and comfortable to wear. I would recommend using a cotton bud and some concealer to clean up the edges if you apply straight from the bullet, because the bold colour stands out a lot, especially on my pale skin! The colour itself is a lot darker and more purple/blue toned-than the swatches appear on camera and it's perfectly suited to pale skin for a stand-out bold lip for the autumn.

Love, Milly xx

4 comments :

  1. Oh, Black Cherry :(
    I almost cry every time I go to the shop and find out it's sold out. I have no idea what would I do if online shops didn't existed. Thanks 21st century haha! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely try to get your hands on it! Love it so much <3

      Delete
  2. That Revlon lipstick looks lovely! May have to pick it up next time I'm out shopping!

    www.makinglifeacamera.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx