Things I'm Proud Of From January

So, I missed a month of blogging... Oh well!

I decided not to do the typical 'New Year, New Me' blog post or a New Year's resolutions post because I prefer to try my best and see where it takes me, rather than setting myself rules. I did, however, do a few things this month which I'm proud of, and which I would like to share with you.

1) Throw a surprise birthday party - January was my friend Sophie's birthday and as she wasn't planning on doing anything, me and another friend decided to throw a surprise birthday party. We decided to tell her that 3 of us would be going bowling, but arranged for a few others to be there. Unfortunately, half of the people couldn't make it, but there were still enough to give her a surprise! I took a hilarious video of Sophie screaming when everyone jumped out; I'm so proud of how happy we were able to make her and I think she's still in disbelief!

2) Making myself happy - In January I made a conscious effort to be happy and surround myself with the happiest, loveliest people who make me smile and laugh. Through this, I gained a lovely group of people who have boosted my confidence and made me feel accepted, but, unfortunately, also lost some people who weren't making me feel so good. I've been smiling non-stop this month, and although I had a couple of those hormonal down-days, I overall felt amazing.


Source
3) Drink more water - I've really tried to have several large glasses of water per day, even when I'm not thirsty, and my skin has really benefitted from it. I also like to add a bit of squash to my water to make it tastier if I'm craving sugar, because it's better for me than having a load of sweets.

4) Save up - I'm pretty good at saving up my money, and I'm proud that I didn't splurge on anything in January, because it means that I have more money to spend on something I love this month, such as Zoeva brushes.

5) No makeup to school - On Friday I went to school wearing no makeup, for the first time since year 8 (I'm in year 10). I'm proud that I got the courage to do this, thanks to my friend Scarlett persuading me. I usually wear makeup to school for self-confidence but I actually felt really happy not wearing it (plus you don't have to worry about smudging your eye makeup when you touch your eyes!). People were so nice about it, so whilst this won't become an everyday thing, maybe I'll try weekly or fortnightly!

Thanks for reading! Leave me a comment telling me what you are most proud of from January and what you would like to see next on this blog.

Milly x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx