New Look Makeup: Red Lipstick


Whilst shopping the New Look sale last weekend, I found a stand for the New Look Pure Colour makeup range. I didn't know that this existed, (although this can be forgiven because it was only released late last year) so you can imagine my excitement at VERY affordable, good quality makeup from one of my favourite shops.

I picked up a Pure Colour Lipstick in Burgundy, a gorgeous bright red colour, perfect for all seasons. This is highly pigmented and has vitamin E extract, so is fairly nourishing on the lips. It has a finish somewhere between glossy and matte and lasts for several hours without need for reapplication, although may need topping up post-eating. I should mention that I did this swatch a week and a half ago, and I can still see a faint shadow where the lipstick was, despite multiple showers and makeup remover! One thing I don't like is the smell, which is very chemical, but this doesn't last once it's on the lips.

The packaging is pretty sleek, with a mixture of matte and shiny black, reminiscent of the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipsticks, thought the plastic feels quite cheap in your hands - you get what you pay for on this front. The bullet has a slight concave, which can make it slightly trickier to put on, as you have to be careful not to go over the lines, but many people would use a lip liner anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem.

I was really glad to find out that this whole range is cruelty free, as many cheaper companies do test their products on animals, and I am making a conservative effort to try and avoid these brands.

Oh yeah, and the price? £3.99 - bargainous!

Have you tried anything from this range?

Love, Milly x

4 comments :

  1. I've only just discovered New Look lipstick and love it. My lips are quite naturally dry and find these lipstick so moisturising. I want to say the colour is an orange/red can't remember the exact name xx

    Alana Says…//www.alana-says.blogspot.co.uk//Fashion and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the formula of these. They just feel so nourishing!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi dear, what a awesome blog you have and great post, did we follow each other already? If not, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and INSTAGRAM? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back.

    My Blog: ‪ http://lovjoice.blogspot.com/ ‬
    Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/love-joice-3831938 (please follow here my current account)
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/l0vej0ice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! I have followed your gorgeous blog and instagram x
      Bloglovin':https://www.bloglovin.com/people/abeautyfulblog-12392637
      Instagram: https://instagram.com/abeautyfulblog/

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx