Stila In The Light Palette




A few months ago I promised a post about my Stila In The Light palette - well, here it is! This gorgeous, neutral palette is £25 and comes with 10 powder eyeshadows, a smudge stick waterproof eyeliner and a mirror built into the gorgeous, albeit slightly flimsy, packaging.

Of the eyeshadows, there are 4 mattes and 6 shimmers/sparkles, all of which have great pigmentation and are very blendable (I usually use my Real Techniques essential crease brush). I use the colour 'sandstone' through my eyebrows and it usually lasts for most of the day, as do colours on my lids. It may just be my eyelids, but I find that after a few hours I get slight creasing in the dark matte shades, although this is easily corrected by blending it out with my finger.

There are so many looks to create from this palette - blend out the browns and blacks for a smokey eye, go all out glittery or choose a toned-down neutral look. I don't get much use out of 'night sky' because I find it too cool-toned for my skin colour, but I absolutely love the creamy feel of the glitters. 'Bubbly', the gold glitter, is particularly flattering on blue eyes.

The 'smudge stick waterproof eyeliner in damsel' (a matte dark brown) is extremely pigmented (in the photo I was barely touching it to my skin) and blendable. The eyeshadows are easily removed with a swipe of makeup remover, but this eyeliner just won't budge - you'll need a few gentle swipes of remover to get it off. The smudge stick can be purchased on its own, but costs around £13, which adds to the value of this palette.

All-in-all this is a fantastic value palette which is an asset to my makeup collection. You can purchase this from selected Boots stores or online from sites like feelunique.com.

Have you got this? What do you think of it?

Love, Milly x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx