The £3 Highlighter

So we've all heard of strobing, right? Using highlighter to illuminate parts of our face, rather than hollowing out our cheekbones with contour. Well, I love strobing - and I've found the perfect highlighter!

I had seen this mentioned on someone's Instagram, and whilst in Superdrug I decided that it would be the perfect time to buy it. I wasn't expecting to spend a huge amount of money, but then I looked and saw that this was £3. No sale tags, no discount. £3. Of course I immediately swatched all three shades and decided on the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights. The other two highlighters include Golden Lights (a classic white/cream highlight) and Pink Lights (a light pink tinted highlight). Peach lights is a peachy pink highlighter with the perfect amount of fine shimmer. The colour is perfect for those of us who are relatively new to strobing and highlighters because it is easy to blend and has a very natural hue.



The shape of the pressed powder is very unique among drugstore products - the classic flat pan has been thrown out of the window in favour of a shaped powder in a rounded plastic compact. The quality of the packaging isn't the best and I will have to be careful not to drop it (I think it will smash pretty easily), but it looks very sleek and classy for such a cheap product.


I should probably mention that this was my first ever purchase from Makeup Revolution and it has definitely been a positive experience! I'm so impressed by the quality and shade range - they've taken into consideration people's skin colours and makeup preferences. The quality is that of a much more expensive product and I would recommend anyone dubious of its magic to go and pick one up and try it for yourself!

If you want to see the highlighter in action, check out my latest YouTube video:



Love, Milly xx

4 comments :

  1. Came here from your video, ha!
    I feel like I need to have a good 'ol browse at MR website as I have only tried one palette which actually ended up being very nice one.
    This highlighter looks stunning, would never believe it's £3 if you didn't mention the price. I mean, hellooo, this little goodie seems to be better than some highend alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, I didn't really think they're products were such good quality until I tried this! What I said about the packaging does still stand though - I dropped it about an hour ago and the lid smashed off! xx

      Delete
  2. Hey I just stumbled onto your blog and your youtube channel and the highlighter does look so pretty and the price is just unbeatable. I'm definetley going to be getting this.! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding me! I would really recommend picking this up, you really can't beat the price for quality like this! xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx