Dressing Up Denim

Whilst scrolling through Pinterest, I've found myself continually drawn towards tucked in shirts and rolled sleeves. My obsession with denim continues to grow, but in summer, real denim is just too heavy and hot, so I turned to my trusty denim shirt, on what evolved into a super warm and sunny day.
 

Although I usually prefer trousers and shorts, for some reason unbeknownst to me, I have been picking skirts and dresses recently. I featured this pencil skirt in my haul video over on my YouTube channel and I've come to love it over the past few weeks. It compliments so many styles and dresses up everything, including denim!

 

Many people don't know this, but I'm pretty good at making jewellery, after a phase I went through last year in which I began making and selling jewellery with methods I taught to myself. I was poking through some of my leftover beads and I realised that I had never used this cute bird charm and I had a bead on a jump ring left from a bracelet I had cut up, so I popped them on to a piece of string and voilà, a sweet little necklace to throw on to compliment this outfit.


Roll up the sleeves of your shirt and the look becomes more casual and breathable in hot summer weather. I loved how the rolled sleeves gave a relaxed vibe, and it made the shirt feel more comfortable and less constricting than full-length sleeves.


 
Outfit:
Top - Charity shop (originally F&F at Tesco)
Skirt - Rock&Rags at USC
Necklace - made by me

I hope you enjoyed this quick little post, and have perhaps found some inspiration for how to dress up denim. My look book will be coming to my YouTube channel at the end of the summer, so look out for that if you would like to see more fashion bits from me.

Love, Milly x

1 comment :

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx