theBalm Nude Dude Palette

theBalm Cosmetics has always been a particularly attractive brand to me - I put it down to the sassy, retro-inspired packaging, innovative and high quality products and pretty reasonable prices. For Christmas I received theBalm's Nude Dude Eyeshadow palette, which retails for £30 (I  got it for £27 in the feelunique.com sale).

The palette contains 12 stunning, highly pigmented eyeshadows - 4 matte shades ('Fearless', 'Flawless', 'Feisty' and 'Friendly'), a couple which have a hint of glitter ('Fine' and 'Fierce'), and the rest are either iridescent or glittery which I absolutely love. All of the shadows are really wearable and blendable and can be mixed with water to create a much more pigmented effect for a bold eye or coloured eyeliner. theBalm website also says that the shadows are 'triple-milled' which would explain their velvety, creamy feel.


Among my personal favourites are 'Fit', a burnt-orange/copper shimmer, 'Firm', which is more pink-toned and 'Fine' which is a dark warm-toned brown with a barely-there hint of glitter which is perfect for a brown smoky eye.

Personally I'm not a big fan of including little brushes in eyeshadow palettes - although this is one of the better ones I've seen (does anyone actually use those little spongy applicators?) - so I don't think this one will be getting much use from me, especially now I have my new Zoeva brushes! The shadows apply and blend so nicely with a fluffy brush.

The packaging is very slim and perfect to slip into your handbag, but perhaps wrap a hairband around it first, because it is just thick cardboard, held by (relatively strong) magnets. There is also a huge mirror which spans most of the palette (a hundred beauty points to theBalm!) which makes it ideal to take on a night out to touch up your whole face, not just your eyes.

Have you ever tried anything from theBalm?

Love, Milly xx

7 comments :

  1. I have the 'Nude-Tude' palette and adore it so i think that I will love this one just as much! I hate those awful brushes that come with palettes too!
    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! I did have a look at that palette, but I was just more drawn to this one (tbh, it's probably just the packaging!) xxx

      Delete
  2. I have never tried anything from theBalm! Heard many greats things about their products, so I know I'm missing out a lot, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this, I'm desperate to try more! Haha I reeeally want to try out the Mary-Lou Manizer highlight - looks amazing! xx

      Delete
  3. This palette is sooo gorgeous! I haven't tried much from The Balm but I definitely need to try this! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one to try, especially if you're not super into dramatic eye looks xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx