Lush Lip Scrub DIY Dupe ~ Blogmas Day 7

I may have accidentally missed a few days of Blogmas... but let's move on.

In my quest for super soft smooth lips, I have come across the much hyped Lush sugar scrubs. I've yet try a pot of the sweet-smelling mixture, as personally I cannot face the overwhelming scent of Lush stores and I thought that I could make something cheaper that the tiny £5.50 pots. The recipe is on the Lush website, but I found a recipe (here) and made a few adaptions to suit me. This mixture makes quite a lot, so either adjust the recipe or use a large pot.

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp carrier oil (Lush use jojoba oil, but I used olive oil. Look up a list to find out what is safe for use on your face)
  • A dash of vanilla extract or lip safe flavouring (you can also add food colouring)



Mix together all of the ingredients and put into a clean pot. To use, apply to clean lips and use as an exfoliator. You can eat this, but do remember that it is used to take off dead skin, which may not make it so tasty! Make sure to apply a gentle and hydrating lip balm afterwards.

Exfoliating your lips is a must, especially in winter when the cold wind and rain batters at our faces and makes our lips chapped. You can make your lipsticks go on much smoother and more even, and get kissable lips with this yummy mix that will cost you pennies!

Four days 'til Christmas! Thanks for reading!

Milly x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx