Soap & Glory Review: Gloss Stick


Hi again! I'm really sorry that I haven't posted for two weeks, but I was quite busy, and frankly, I couldn't think about what to write about. I do have a special post coming up soon though, which I'm hoping will be fun, and give you an insight into the inner workings of my brain!

About a month and a half ago I picked up this lovely 'Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick' in the colour 'Nudist' by Soap & Glory whilst on a shopping spree with my best friends (it wasn't really a spree - I think I bought about 2 things!). I came across this because one of my besties had been given this for her birthday and came into school with it. I knew I had to get it so I saved up and bought it without a second thought, which is really not like me - I don't really impulse buy so I generally think about buying things for at least two weeks in advance! And I love it!

The colour of the lip crayon is the colour of the bar at the bottom so I didn't feel the need to swatch it for you. It's a really pretty, glossy nude pink with a tiny amount of sparkle. The colour was very different to the one that my friend has, but it didn't matter because it was the perfect colour for my lips and skin tone. I am quite pale, so try to avoid dark colours on my lips. Because it isn't a really contrasting colour to my natural lips, I could wear it to school, and it really set off my makeup perfectly. I have also worn it most days in the holidays, as it looks great dressed up or down.

So the colour was one reason for buying it, but another reason was the smell. That may sound really weird, but honestly it is delicious. If it were a perfume, I'd buy it! It's sort of a subtle vanilla/sherbet scent and it's super nice. Unfortunately it doesn't taste of much.

I didn't find this product particularly sticky and I found that it stayed for around two hours after putting it on. Sometimes it even lasted through food and cleaning my teeth! It doesn't have the longest staying power, but it is quite good.

So the verdict? I absolutely love this product, and will probably be purchasing it again. One thing that I would like to be improved about it would be perhaps more product for the £8 price tag? I have found that using it every day it started running low pretty fast so I will have to buy some more soon. I like that it is in a stick/crayon rather than a lipstick because I like the application.

Thanks for reading! I'll be doing some random posts throughout the summer, as well as trying to stick to the regular, post on Sundays, routine. Around the 3rd of August will be my special post so make sure to check back for that. Whilst you're here, tell me how to improve my website by using the poll on the right-hand side and share my blog with your friends!

Milly xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx