Summer Berry Skin Boost Smoothie

Today's post is basically my breakfast smoothie, but I thought I'd share it with you as we come up to summer and the perfect time for a cool berry drink, although I have this every day throughout the year because it is so sweet and delicious! Besides being tasty, my smoothie has amazing skin benefits. Raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants are all rich in antioxidants which calm inflammation, repair damaged skin and scarring and firm skin to prevent wrinkles. Orange juice is high in vitamin C for glowing, healthy skin and bananas are great for battling acne, oil control and anti-aging. This is a smoothie that's good for you, but isn't green and weird-looking (sorry kale).
 

 Ingredients:
 
200ml orange juice
 
1 banana
 
2 handfuls (approx. 80-100g) of mixed frozen berries (I like blackberries, raspberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants like THIS mix from Tesco)
 
You can add strawberries if you feel like it, although they will make the smoothie thinner, and I prefer a thick consistency


Method:
 
There's only one step to this: chuck everything into blender and blend. Voila! A smoothie in a couple of minutes.


If you make this smoothie, send me a picture on Instagram or Twitter by tagging me (@abeautyfulblog) in your photo!

I do have some exciting news to share with my readers which is that I am starting a YouTube channel! I am going to be doing similar stuff to what I post on here, but I want to do some occasional extra videos about things that matter to me. I'll be posting my first video at the end of July, after I've broken up from school, but I'll keep you posted about when that's happening. If you want to go and subscribe in advance, I'm at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFUmwzvTCGGxVT67P3Rw6Bwhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFUmwzvTCGGxVT67P3Rw6Bw . Thank you so much to everyone who continues to read my blog, I hope you'll join me on my next adventure!

Love, Milly x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but if you want a more urgent response, feel free to tweet me or chat on instagram! (@abeautyfulblog)

Milly xx